About Me

My name is Danielle and I attend Berkley Normal Middle School as a year eight. This blog is all about my learning in school and out of school. There are six people in my family my Mum, Dad, Myself, Amy, Hannah and Patrick. My family lives on a dairy farm where my Mum and Dad work. My hobbies are Irish dancing and swimming. My favourite is Irish dancing so I get to do competitions in Auckland and this year I'm aiming to go to the nationals. My favourite subject at school would be maths because there is always are right or a wrong answer; unlike english when you have to keep improving and keep improving . My favourite tech art is food because I really enjoy cooking and I would love to be on junior master chef. Every year my family go camping with about six other families. We take tents and our boats and go ski biscuiting and fishing and one time we went to Cape Reinga. My favourite year camping was when we visited and snorkeled at the Poor nights New Zealands' best snorkeling attraction. My family love fishing and we belong to a fishing club so we do competitions sometimes. We have been to Fiji and England and they are both great places to visit we went tobogganing and built snowmen in England and we went snorkeling and swam with Manta rays in Fiji. I hope you like my blog and please comment on some of my posts.

Sunday 15 March 2015

Student Blogging Challenge - Week 3 - Activity 3

Spotted Dolphin
Picture By Tim Ellis
 Spotted Dolphin 


This is the place where I stand
With it's blue waters and long fishing rods; waiting for a catch
Shining silver dolphins
Playing, leaping, flipping in the rocky wake

The crystal clear water filled with schools of colorful fish
Sightings of red crayfish peeking out of the holes in the grey rocks
Sprays of white wash, fly at me; covering me in sea salt
Where gulls seek there dinner

This is the place where I feel safe
It is here I have learnt to stand alone
And it will always remain deep in my heart
Even when I'm somewhere else

Inspired by Andy Williamson

This is my Turangawaewae Poem I wrote in class last year; when I saw this picture I remembered I had written this poem so I decided to use it.
Do you relate to this picture?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, I enjoyed reading your poem about fishing! I enjoyed it, because I myself like fishing and it felt like I was really there enjoying the sun and doing what i love. Your poem makes me feel relaxed! I encourage you to continue writing poems I think you have a skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kally, thank you for your lovely comment. Please give me your blog address if you have one so I can then write comments to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle
    I really liked your poem
    I hope you keep doing wonderful poems
    :)

    ReplyDelete